Viewarea chimney fire causes little damage

first_imgA chimney fire in the View area on Monday morning served as a reminder to all who burn wood.“Keep your chimney clean,” said Fire Chief Sam Arola of Fire District 10.Firefighters quickly put out smoldering timbers around the chimney about 10:25 a.m. at 10503 N.E. 379th St. There was only minor damage.“The fire had huge potential,” Arola said of the house built in 1920. “It was just smoldering smoke.” About a dozen firefighters responded. Arola said he believes the house is rented. The owners are Gerrit and Nellie Vantol of the View area, according to Clark County property records.Fire District 10 in Amboy has two paid staff members and about 35 volunteers, including Arola, the chief said.last_img

Be the first to comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.